People…change. For better or for worse.
~ Raine Sage
I think that people, at their core, remain the same. I will always love video games, baking, horses, and nail painting. I will always be introverted, sympathetic, and a little naive (basically, I will always be an ISFJ).
However, there is a lot more to a person than an underlying personality – there is character. Every day brings new experiences that can form or change opinions, create habits, and foster maturity. Fears can be conquered, or created.
Over the last year, I realized I’m changing – and I’m not so sure I like the outcome. A co-worker asked me what video games I’m playing now, and I didn’t have an answer for him. My sister got me a beautiful BenQ monitor last Christmas, and I’ve hardly used it. Throughout the day I’d think of the games I’d play when I got home, but once there, I didn’t want to play. I felt like I shouldn’t play. I’ve spent such little time in my own apartment that it felt like I didn’t have a true home. I barely make new posts, and I certainly haven’t posted anything baking related. I haven’t ridden.
Not to say I haven’t changed in good ways – through my career, I know my writing is improving. I will no longer double space after a period. I’ve learned to enjoy a latte without sugar, and some red wines. I paint my nails so often that anytime they aren’t painted, my friends know something is up. I’ve grown to appreciate my commute as time where I am truly alone. My parent’s divorce has shown me how human we all are.
So this January, instead of New Year’s Resolutions, I decided a bucket list was more appropriate. As cliché as it sounds, this year I want to focus on myself, my hobbies, and my passions. I want to be the best, happy version of myself. Also, I just have way too many things in mind and there is no way this is all getting done in one year.
My Gaming / Baking / Blogging Bucket List:
The listed is numbered to help me keep track of them, but they are in no particular order.
These are games I already own and want to accomplish specific goals within them.
- Get a pentakill in League of Legends
- Reach 200k gear score in Unison League
- Finish my bakery room and laying path in Animal Crossing
- Fill my Animal Crossing town with my dreamies: Epona, Felyne, Meringue, Tia, and Horses
- Complete a Nuzlocke Challenge
- Finish breeding and leveling my Pokemon Dream Teams
- Complete the Pokedex
- Beat Lost in Blue 2
- Beat Chibi Robo
- Beat Pikmin (2 or 3)
- “Beat” a Harvest Moon game*
- Play more Skyrim**
*Harvest Moon can’t be “beat, but it has an “endgame” where your child is fully grown and you’ve unlocked every available item. I’ve always stopped playing / bought the newest title before reaching this point.
**If I listed every specific thing I wanted to do in Skyrim, I would fill several pages. In general, I want to play it more!
Game titles I have heard of but never played. To be honest, I’m not even sure I’m going to enjoy all of these (such as shooters – I really dislike shooters). However, I really thought I was going to hate GTA – but I’ve played it for about 1 hour and now I really want to go through the story myself!
- The Witcher 3
- Mass Effect
- Dark Souls
- Life Is Strange
- Stardew Valley Multiplayer (when it comes out!)
These are my general nerdy / blogging / baking goals that aren’t directly about playing a video game.
- Make a mod
- Cosplay as a Draenei
- Blog about game-themed nail art
- Bake more:
- Poke Beans
- Tales of Symphonia Cupcakes
- Be a vendor at a convention
- I previously missed an opportunity to vendor at Kawaiiland – I was contacted by the con, but at the time I did not have the money to purchase food liability insurance. I won’t let something like this pass me up again!
- Learn to be a better baker, decorator, and chocolatier
- Add more to / finish my Cake Battle game
While there is a lot I want to accomplish, I want to remember and feel proud for the things I’ve already done! Below are happy remembrances of achieved goals I am most proud of.
- Featured on Kotaku
- Meet someone IRL who knows about my blog
- Bonus: attempted a recipe
- Blog post makes the front page of reddit
- Bonus: traffic brings hug of death
- Appear on first page of Google
- Attend a PAX convention
People joke about the “Quarter Life Crisis,” but it’s totally a thing. I may or may not be having a QLC.